General Secretariat of the Council
What is the role of the General Secretariat of the Council?
The General Secretariat of the Council assists the following institutions:
Its tasks include the following:
- It provides advice and helps coordinate the work of the above-mentioned institutions.
- It provides logistical support and takes care of the practical organisation of meetings (including meeting rooms, document production and translation).
- It prepares draft agendas, reports, notes and minutes of meetings.
- It has custody of Council archives and acts.
- Its Legal Service gives opinions to the Council and its committees and represents the Council in judicial proceedings before the European Court of Justice.
The General Secretariat is headed by a Secretary-General, a position currently held by Uwe Corsepius.
Organisational chart and directories